domingo, 16 de noviembre de 2008

Perfect days

There were a lot of empty days before. I would wake up, go to work, go to the gym, and go to bed, nothing special. If those days were erased I wouldn’t mind. I had a plan, and a day like that supported the plan, but the day itself was meaningless.

After my incident, being in the hospital for two weeks and with endless limitations during the first months, I missed a lot of simple things that were present everyday but I wouldn’t value. But after thinking that I almost die, and that I would have lost everything, simple things and moments became very valuable. A second pair of eyes opened in my head and enabled me to enjoy everyday sights.

A perfect day was a difficult to get before. A new business in my job, a great played baseball game, time well spent in a great place with my girlfriend or my friends, something unusual had to happen. With the new pair of eyes, simple days became perfect days. Being able to be healthy, be alive, share with my family and friends, being able to perform activities as good as possible it’s even a reason for satisfaction. 

Yesterday I had a walk with a pair of friends, it wasn’t only a way to get from one place to another, but the walk, the weather, the landscapes, and the time shared made my day a wonderful day. Besides what it is happening in my life and where it’s going, every moment counts, and makes me grateful for being alive.  There’s no way I would let one day escape from my memory now, everyone has joys to remember for a lifetime.

No hay comentarios: